Aug. 2020–Current Assistant Professor in Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Florida—Gainesville, FL, USA
2017- 2020 Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Electrical Engineering
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, MI, USA
“Secure and Efficient Communication for Distributed IoT Network” Mentor: Prof. David Blaauw
High Data-rate Communication and Efficient Signal Generation for 5G and Beyond (In collaboration with U-M RADLAB and UCSB).
2012- 2017 PhD in Electrical Engineering (Electronic Circuits and Systems)
University of California-San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Thesis Title, “Enabling Mm-wave Circuit and Scalable System Techniques for High Data Rate Communication”
Advisor: Prof. James Buckwalter, Co-advisor: Prof. Peter Asbeck.
2009- 2011 Master of Science in Electrical Engineering with Honor
Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran
GPA: 19.15/20 (Ranked 1st).
Thesis Title, “Fabrication and Design of CMOS Interface Circuit for MEMS Capacitive Accelerometer with µg Resolution”
Advisor: Prof. Mohammad Yavari.
2005- 2009 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with Honor
Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran (Ranked 1st).
2001- 2005 Diploma in Mathematics & Physics
Farzanegan High School (NODET: National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents), Tehran, Iran.
- Broadband, energy-efficient, reconfigurable, and high data rate RF, mm-wave, and THz integrated circuits and systems for future wireless communications (5G and beyond) and imaging/sensing applications.
- Security and connectivity of IoTs, low-power IoT communication, cooperative and distributed communications, secret key generation in physical layer, and designing low-power protocols resilient to passive and active attacks.
- Biology and nature inspired electronics for bio applications.
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Recipient of a 2021 DARPA YFA
- Selected as 2019 EECS Rising Starby MIT launched Rising Star Program.
- ISSCC Rising Star by IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society
- Awarded MTT-s Chapter Chair Travel Grant, 2019
- Recipient of the University of Michigan Postdoctoral Fellowship, (2017-2020)
- Recipient of Departmental Fellowship of the University of California- San Diego (2012-2013)
- Ranked 1st and Honored Member of Exceptional University Talents in Graduate Program, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic)
- Ranked 1st and Honored Member of Exceptional University Talents in Undergraduate Program, Shahid Beheshti University.
- Vice chair of IEEE Southeastern Michigan (Microwave Theory and Technique chapter).
- IEEE MTT-s Distinguished Microwave Lecturer (DML) talk series organizer at Southern Michigan
- Journal Reviewer for IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits (JSSC), IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques (T-MTT), IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters (MWCL), Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC), IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS), and International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS)
- Invited Talk at ETH Zurich, April 27, 2020.
- Invited Talk at Cornell University, April 9, 2020.
- Invited Talk at Rutgers University, March 11, 2020.
- Invited Talk at Tufts University, March 7, 2020.
- Invited Talk at The University of Texas at Dallas, March 2, 2020.
- Invited Talk at Northeastern University, Feb 13, 2020.
- Invited Talk at University of Florida Jan 30, 2020.
- Invited Talk at UC-Irvine, March 15, 2019, Host: Prof. Payam Heydari.
- Invited Talk at IEEE MTT-AP Society, Columbus Chapter, Ohio State University, Mar. 4th, 2019, Host: Prof. Waleed Khalil.